Monday, December 19, 2005

Three days to go......

I have three days of work left for 2005. I love it, not getting up early, not driving through the dark and cold to go to work.... cold and dark are for driving through on the way to Westwood, as pictured below. A fovorite watering hole. Being lazy tonight, I am going to throw in a bunch of wintry pix of the area.



Below is a little store in Phillips called "Northern Merchandise", locally know as northern paradise. A glorified junk store, it's the brightest thing in town right now. Some of you readers will have to remember this spot......



Plowing has been started and will continue for months... I kind of like doing the plowing except when it's dark or windy or cold or.... I guess I don't like plowing.




Things are looking pretty cool these days. Frost on the trees, mostly white on the ground. A few nights ago the moon came up at about 6:15, yellow as cheddar cheese. In a little while the outside world came into view as the moon gained altitude and power. It's a world that you just don't see anytime but in the grip of winter. Cold, erie images of all that you know well..... yet it all looks a little unreal under the full winter moon.




Lucy, your car looks cold!!!







I guess I should have put the water can in the shed before this. But then this wouldn't have happened.




On the late afternoon of the moon night I talked about, I was heading to the lodge to fire the stove when I heard the call of a pileated woodpecker. I thought it sounded quite close, and there it was in the flowering crab, eatint the little red apples. Must have been really hard and cold! The turkeys come around once or twice a day to inspect the area under the crab tree and scratch for goodies by the lodge.




I was supposed to fly this afternoon, but the weather did not cooperate. Mary, I know what you mean about the weather.... you said it barely made sixty the other day. It's barely made SIXTEEN here for the last few days!! The plan is to fly on Thursday if the weather is good. Steve just finished his Sport Pilot Instructor course, so we can move right on to the process of getting me certified as an FFA Sport Pilot license holder. I find myself daydreaming about warmer weather....
Have a good Christmas season, y'all!!
I gotta go, Carlo

2 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Carlo said...

Jeez, Carlo, they all complain about you not writing enough, then none of them bother to put in a comment when you make a new post... I dont' get it. We're puttin' on a new wing at Possum Lodge and I hope you don't mind--we're makin' it look like the Ottertail!! See ya in the boonies, Red

 
At 9:45 AM, December 23, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Yes, I can send the photo.

I believe the key thing here is that there are people who regularily read this blog and ALSO comment on most posts. I would never make any judgements about these people and I appreciate their participation.
That said, I don't have a clue who they are nor what they are talking about.... but I LIKE READING IT!!!

I gotta go, Carlo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home