Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

This is supposed to be the craziest shopping day of the year. If you say so...... personally, I never heard the term 'black friday' until a few days ago. Maybe that's because I have a major allergy to shopping in general, and in particular to shoving one's way through a mass of shoppers in a frenzy.

Onlyhow, I spent the day sleeping late, playing piano, doing nothing in particular. Oh, yes, I did manage to get Peggy's and my motorcycles stored away in the garage addition. Put the battery tenders on them and then headed south to Ottertail. Just got in from a trip around the woods. It's cold out there! But it was a lot colder yesterday. We hunted in the morning until about 10:00 and we were all too cold to go on. So we drove around in some county owned forest land looking for deer, deer tracks, and eating junk food, etc. It was about 5° most of the day.
Tomorrow we all meet up in the morning and spend the day in pursuit of deer. We'll hunt the area around Wintergreen Lake, all public lands. I would imagine that we will get a truckload of deer (oh, sure) before we head back to the Aspen shack. That will be it for me for gun hunting this year. Sunday I will probably just goof off, if I can get away with it.

I had a flying session on Tuesday afternoon. All we did was fly the airport pattern and do a landing and take-off on each trip around. So I got in 12 landings, some really smooth, some kind of weird, but most of them pretty good. Looking up!!!
Supposed to go again next Monday, weather forcast looking pretty crappy, though.

Sigh on are ah, Carlo

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Ja, but it was not a 'big one'. A five pointer(no brow tine on one side), 2.5 year old deer. I just got done cleaning it up at Ivan's, and we got a nice batch of meat. We'll take it up to Uncle Carl's next Saturday.

I saw footage on the news of people oozing into a Walmart. One older guy fell to the floor. You think anyone helped him up? They streamed around him as he got slowly to his feet. One lady pushed her way past him just as he was making it back to his feet. What a bunch of ignorant slobs. One day they will all be dead and do you think it will matter if they got to Walmart first that day??? Slobs.
I also heard that Walmart will give you a wake-up call at home to get to their store early in the morning. Good God, what a bunch of morons populate this earth. Hmmm, I should have used their service to wake up early for hunting!! Next year.

 
At 7:53 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Good point, I'll try looking down next time.....
I gotta go, Carlo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home