Monday, October 10, 2005

It's Monday night.....

O.K., I guess this about figures.... I have a flight lesson thursday and this is what the forcast is. Hmmm.... maybe I am jinxed on this project???? I'm trying to remember what the sequence is for change pitch, throttle change, etc. for each of the four different changes to and from level flight. Maybe I can make some flash cards and practice at home ;-)

Went hunting this evening. Saw three squirrels, several jays, one nuthatch, a downy woodpecker and a Chickadee! Late in the evening I was sure I heard a deer coming in. But I was wrong. No deer sightings by me this season.

Ominous looking dude here, hey. Maybe the deer are just too intimidated by the aura of this mighty hunter... or not. Every year the deer are more active and I see more of them from mid-September thru the end of the month. Early October is usually a slower period, and this year I was not out much during the September period because of a series of projects and stuff. So now I am in 'practice sitting in the tree' mode in hopes of better days ahead. Not that I haven't enjoyed the time I've spent so far.

I'll leave you with a view of the largest spike horn that I have ever seen. It makes anything the macho hunters get look like babies. Have a happy day....

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, October 13, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

No deer have been seen by me. I do have evidence of their occasional presence in my sites, but nothing in my sights....

Yeah, boxboy, if it weren't for you and yram this thing would dry up and blow away.

No flying tonight, Steve says it's still fogged in by Merrill.... maybe Saturday early A.M., next Tuesday is on the schedule.

I gotta go, Carlo

 
At 1:25 AM, October 16, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Steve never called Friday to confirm, so Saturday flight did not happen. This morning would have been seriously windy anyway...
Next scheduled session is this coming Tuesday evening.

Instead of that, I went with Ivan to prepare the forms for a concrete slab Ivan is doing for a guy at work. Then we checked all the new hunting spots in the county forest area. I went home, baited around here, showered and went hunting with Ivan and Jerry. No luck....... came home and watched a couple boxing matches. That's about it from the northwoods.

 
At 7:51 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger umlikedude said...

hey pops, and peggy!!!
I WILL EMAIL soon, but i want to say hi quickly from Ashley's laptop.
love you guys! '

Hi GRANDMA!

Bryn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home