Saturday, September 24, 2005

What I done on me birtday......

I got up. I went to Phillips and bought a coffee at the gas station. I went to Peg's house and started working on the garage addition. I finished up the face board and stuff on the roof edge on the front and back sides, and then put the drip edge on. That completes the roof...( I don't do shingles)

Next item of business was the remaining wall on the south end of the addition. I decided to attack that as the weather was drizzly and supposed to rain all day. It did rain on and off all day and I never did go hunting..

So did the rain deter us from the task at hand? Oh, no. It drizzled and rained on my glasses as I tried to look up under the eaves....

But it was a good feeling to come back inside after nailing that last piece of plywood in place. It's a building.....!! We finished the tarpaper on the outside and called it a day.

The only thing left at this point was to see if the new area is good for drinking a beer..... it is. I took a shower and headed for Copp's to get the ingredients for my spaghetti dinner that I will cook for myself and others tomorrow. I'm taking an apple pie out of the freezer tonight. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. If you're in the area tomorrow, stop in and drink a beer.....

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Carlo said...

Geez, Carlo, what the heck ya doin workin on yer birthday????? The photos remind me of adding on to Possum Lodge. We used a lot less studs, though...... we generally use 30" centers on everything but rafters. Them are 36"...... drink a brew for me tomorrow!
Red

 
At 12:43 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

NO bow hunting, rainy saturday, steady rain on Sunday.
I'm eating spaghette left-overs right now.....

 
At 12:51 PM, September 26, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Some trees are bare, some still green. Colors not real bright this year so far.

Thanks for the birthday greeting and I'll post a pic of the pie tonight........ ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home