Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Aeronautical update.


The planned introductory flight for last night in Merrill was cancelled just because of a few thunder storms and a ton of rain.... go figure. Have been doing a lot of pondering on this plane situation and this is what it looks like--
I would have to find a used plane that someone I trust can verify it's airworthyness, hopefully in the $6-7000 range. This should not be a real big issue. More of a problem is storing the thing. I had a tentative arrangement with airplane Al in Phillips to rent some space in his hangar. This would work until I can get something going at the Ottertail. This means building something big enough to hold a 28x18 plane. Not to forget the 30 x 10 door necessary to get the plane in and out. None of these things are insurmountable problems, but it will require considerable planning (and money) to get it accomplished. This winter I will have to get a plan worked out to see if this agenda can happen next spring or not. In any event, we are going to go ahead with training in the spring. That could be done this fall, but I have a ton of things to do yet, not to mention bowhunting starting this weekend.....
We have re-scheduled the flight to next week. I'll let you know what it's like.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

(boxboy said: "I will miss hunting with you this weekend.") Yes, I suppose it will be a big chore to have to go elk hunting in Idaho. Meanwhile we'll all stay here in our simple little lives leading our pathetic existances while SOME folks traipse aroung the mountains without a care. I will miss you, too.... And thanks for supporting the flightiness of your friends.

Yram, I'll have to confess that the pictures of the yard is from last year. The leaves are not quite that far along here yet. A few trees are almost bare and the leaves are completely shriveled when they fall. We had some strong storms in the area last night and we got a big blast of rain in Ogema. Lots of wind damage farther south in Wisconsin.

 
At 8:29 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Red Green said...

Damn, I just about had them all convinced to help, but Tom saw yer comment and now he's backing out. Nice job, Smartasscuss!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home