Saturday, September 17, 2005

Pain has set in....


I sure hope I don't have to go find a job in logging or in the building trades. We started on Peg's garage addition today and I can barely function now!! We started at 8:00 this morning, built walls and got the two end rafters figured out and put up. Cleaned the work area and put tools away, got done about 5:00 P.M. Staggered into the house, showered and took an hour nap. Feeling some better now and this Guinness I just poured is helping.....

Will be heading to Merrill Tuesday evening for that postponed flight I had mention earlier. Hope the weather is good!

Rosie asked about what it would take to be able to fly an ultalight. This bit is from the United States Ultralight Association. "At the end of your training, after you have soloed, you will take a written, oral and flight test. Once you have successfully completed these your application will be submitted to USUA and, in return, you will receive your very own pilot registration card showing you are on the national registry as an ultralight pilot."

The Federal Aviation Administration website is quite interesting. On the site are the Part 103 regs governing ultralight aircraft. Actually, the FAA does not recognize UL's as aircraft!!! They are considered ultralight vehicles. I guess it's a way to let the sport exist without all the controls and registrations that would probably doom the sports availability to people on a lesser budget.

The archery deer season began today but I did not go. I have my license and have been shooting my bow a bit, but there are a few projects that need to get done before I disappear from the normal world and become a hunting recluse. Peg's garage needs to get closed in and there are a number of things around Ottertail country that need attention. Like getting the air conditioner out of the window, putting on storms, final mowing, leaf pickup, etc....
Then look out, Bambi, you're next on the list!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home