Sunday, July 23, 2006

See ya later, hey......

On July 8th, the Honky Tonk Heartbreakers played at the Mondeaux Dam Bluegrass Festival. One of the guys that plays a few songs with us is also the organizer of the event, so it has evolved into somewhat of a bluegrass-classic country fest.... and other things, too. I heard someone playing a piano key accordian and yodeling, so, hey, we fit right in!!


Here's the crew in action. Right to left, it's Archie, Dean, Gene and Laurie. Russ got cut off this one.



Oh, there's Russ. Nice bass in the background, hey?



Since I own this blog, I can put in pictures of just me if I feel like it.....



Just about all of this strip of woods along the north end of the field will be dis- appearing. Clearing for the landing strip was to have begun this week, but it's behind schedule. Not sure why.



It the meantime, I decided to cut some poplar in the woods off the east end of the field to help defray the cost of bulldozing.



I got the essential equipment in order, and of I went through the field.



Here's what the road into the woods looks like. It's a pretty spot with evergreens, birch and maples. The poplar starts farther in.



Here is the epicenter of the cut area. Mostly poplar in here with a few hardwoods sprinkled in.


Just a closer look at some downed trees. The first day I cut 20 trees and limbed them and cut the tops off. I was almost dead from this effort. I guess sitting at a desk is not good preparation for woods work!! The next day I went out for a short while and cut 10 trees. Then the next two nights after work I managed 12 trees each night. Friday after work I cut 17 trees for a total of 71 so far. That is nearly a truckload. Only a few more trees in that area to go.



I never hit a rock or the dirt with the sawchain through the first 4 outings. Then I ticked a rock hiding in some fern leaves. Had to put on the spare.....


I'm leaving on Monday morning to go to Oshkosh, so the only news of me may be an audio post if I can borrow a cell phone from a fellow camper. Otherwise I'll be back next weekend. Yram, get that computer going and fill in, O.K.?????

I gotta go, Carlo

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, July 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun fly in and take me for a ride!!!!!!!!
j

 
At 10:43 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

When are you coming up? I would like to take you for a flight but it will have to originate from Phillips.....

Carlo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home