Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Installment Two--The Ceremony

We had decided to have this wedding outside, and as luck would have it, the snowy, cold, windy weather of the preceeding two days came to an end on Saturday late morning. Wind died down, sun came out and things went well, considering it was 38 degrees.....


A smallish wedding, it was attended by close family and very few others. I think it was just the right size, lots of people around but still manageable, if you know what I mean.


Everyone was wearing coats and mittens, wrapped in various blankets, etc. But with the trees protecting against the wind and the sun shining brightly on everyone, how could a person be cold????


Peg and I stayed warmest, cause we had to do the most work, walking up the road, repeating after him, kissing, etc..... snazzy looking suit, hey? When I looked in the mirror at the suit and all, I thought I was someone else.


This is where we got to listen to Tim's story, which he was working on in the previous post. Notice Peggy's hair, all braided and decorated and all. Rose and Bryn went to her house that morning to help her do all that. It looked really nice. Maybe I can find a better picture of it after we get back to the Chequamegon Club.....



Here's where we get to listen to the song Rose and Bryn sang for us. It was an old John Denver tune (I'll walk in the rain by your side...). Paul and Susanna, longtime good friends of ours, did the instrumental music for the day. I think they agreed to play because they knew they wouldn't have to put up with me trying to play along with them..



Oh, and here is where we got to do the kissing routine.


And here we have the whole fam damily..... well almost all. All the kids, onlyhow. I guess we made it through O.K. and got properly hitched. Now all we have to do is get back to Prentice and PARTY!!!!!


The 'kids' seemed to have a great deal of fun with the snow that day. I think they look at things a little differently than 'big people' do.





I'll be giving you more to look at later, O.K.?

Hunting update. I actually went bow hunting for the last five afternoons!!! Haven't seen much, but it's been pleasant. This coming weekend I go to Oshkosh for a course at EAA. It's called 'airplane repairman', and it will allow me to do my own annual inspection on my plane instead of having to hire someone with the proper certificate. Like I need to be going somewhere again this soon...
I'll stay Friday and Saturday nights with Neil Blomberg and family in Appleton. He says he's only 20 minutes from EAA. Sounds like a good weekend shaping up.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our pleasure... for sure.
Yes, it was a nice day wasn't it.
We're so glad that you all made it home. Wouldn't have been the same without all of you.
Yes Nwad, we really did miss you. Timmy did a nice job, You would have been proud of him... Funny, but I remember thinking " Gee, that was nice" but I don't remember much about it right now. Must have had something else on my mind... must have been that handsome husband of mine.
More later.
hugs to all. ps

 
At 8:16 PM, November 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both Hailee and to Ivan today...
I traveled to see Hailee yesterday. She is walking pretty well considering that she just started on Wednesday.. What a hoot. She has the most amazing giggle. hmmm I wonder where she gets that. :)
later.
ps

 
At 9:57 AM, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow! you're married! congratulations! thanx for the comments. beautiful new bride!

--lotsofsisters

 
At 10:36 PM, November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect setting for a perfect wedding. Congratulations to all who made it a special day.

Lucy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home