Saturday, September 09, 2006

Then and now.....


Here we have 4 pairs of "before and after" pictures. The first pair is not exactly from the same spot, but I think you get the idea of the comparison. I spent about 5 hours today clearing the brush and limbs that had ended up on the north side of the fence line. I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate that.











There are quite a few huge brush piles in the field and they will have to be burned at some point. Perhaps I can arrange a burning party this winter and have anyone interested come up, down or over for the weekend and have at it????









I sure hope this project works out, cause it's been a ton of work so far. And there is a lot to do yet!! Picking up roots, rocks and junk from the surrounding areas, getting the main strip leveled, worked up and seeded, etc..... I'm tired thinking about it.

















I nearly forgot!! Would someone please carve the melon???

5 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, September 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are good, Gene. I like the looks of the land now. Herb's mother always wanted things opened up a little, then to top it off, her brother Ole planted a tree for her and planted it right outside the north window of the downstairs bedroom. Finally as the years passed, Herb cut it down and now it is better yet. I like open country with rolling hills.
Looks like you have a lot of work yet but will get done, I am sure.

Where are all the writers for this blog?????

Lucy

 
At 3:25 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

Don't know. Maybe they are all bored with airplane related crud. Maybe I'll have to change directions... or maybe just hang it up for a while?

I gotta go, Carlo

 
At 6:01 AM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And maybe we ain't got nothun in tell a gent to say!! Soez we just ain't gunna sayz nuttin until we doez haz sumptin! mmmkay.
s.d.

 
At 8:10 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

MMMMMMKAY!!!!!!!

I gotta go, Carlo

 
At 12:54 PM, September 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think one of the most faithful writers - yram - is out of town on vac. Thinks will perk up when she gets back. Keep up the good work.

Lucy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home