Saturday, August 05, 2006

Airventure 2

I went for a little flight to Ladysmith this evening. Flew at 3500' on the way there, airspeed 60 and groundspeed according to gps was 45. Headwind. On the way back I went up to 5500 and groundspeed indicated at 80-85 mph. Nicer tailwind and I got back to Phillips quite quickly!
Anyway, here are a few more items from Oshkosh.......



Someone asked if I met anyone famous. Did I get any autographs? I did meet Paul Poberezny, the founder of Airventure I guess. He was giving autographs and I asked him to sign my cap. That's it on the brim. These hats were given to volunteers who actually did some work at the Ultalight area. "Down on the farm, at the Ulralight barn".



This is (maybe a copy of paint, etc?) Poberezny's plane. A P51 Mustang, I guess.



Not sure what the significance of this hanging plane was, but I liked it.



Maybe they were trying to sell "structure" and chain hoists?????



A couple of some kind of European jets.



Don't know what this one is, but the props look like oars...


John, here is a real 'hot rod'. Some of this type were in the airshow flying upside down or sideways more than right-side-up.



Here's a Flightstar that is owned by EAA. No one flies it, it just is there for display. What a waste....



Here is a C17 transport, one of the biggest flying objects I have ever seen. It is mammoth!








Nice nose, hey?



Double click this one and get a bigger view. It's too huge to describe.



They claim these tires can get you over 15" tall rocks or logs. Low pressure tires for bush flying.



Another hot rod of the skies.



This is a really sweet little amphibious sea plane. I wouldn't mind having one of these.



What a sight this must be when that plane is at 6000' and you are at 6100'!!












Would you carve the fruit, please?

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, August 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't believe that big plane can get off the ground. Must have been a wonderful week in the true sense of the word wonderful.

Lucy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home