Saturday, August 05, 2006

Breaking news......

Well, it looks Landis may NOT be the winner of Le Tour..... looks like I may have to retract my earlier statements.

Anyway, a bit more from Oshkosh.




I took my camera along when I got the ride in the factory's Flightstar. Just a half mile south of the UL field we find all farm country. This road is the Southern boundary of the ultralight flying area.




The Southwest corner of the UL flying zone is where this road meets US 41, the Western boundary.




This is the camping area that borders on US 41. This is the Northern boundary of the UL area. Looks hot out in that field, doesn't it? In the background is the center of the Airventure convention.




A little better view of the convention center.


















Would you please carve the melon?

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, August 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, great pictures, I wonder who carved that melon?? Must have steady hands and a good imagination. Keep up the good work.

Lucy

 
At 2:29 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

Normal cruise is 60-65mph relative to the surrounding air. The 85mph was speed over the ground, hence the air I was traveling through was all moving at 20mph relative to the ground. If I flew up into upper winds of 60-65 mph, I would be going 60-65 mph airspeed, but would be stationary relative to the ground. The powered parachutes go about 25 mph relative to the air around them, so they can easily be going backwards as compared to the ground. A rather unsettling sensation when you are only 500 feet above the ground.

 
At 2:29 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

Boo who???

 
At 5:33 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Red Green said...

And yes, the parachute thing could certainly be unsettling but not as unsettling as having to use it in the first place! arghhhh

By powered chute, I meant the things that fly around with a chute above them????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home