Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Brief update on da loggin'

Just a brief update on things here. Peg and I are leaving on Thursday morning to go to Madison. We are joining up with some of the engineering staff of our Marquip Madison office to go to a Brewers game in Milwaukee..... so anyway, we will be out of the area for a few days. The photo below is from early this week, after I cut most of the small trees on the west side of the island area.


We cut some tonight along the north edge of the property, mostly soft maple right on the fence line. Then Ivan's saw quit working right and we decided to quit a little early.... I knew that Lucy had taken some fish (of course, Chuck and Ivan had caught them) out of the freezer and pan fried it 'to perfection', as usual. There was a ton left over so I invited Ivan and Chuck to sit on the deck for a while, eat some left over fish and drink a beer, or two.... or whatever. As we sat and talked while the twilight settled, I realized just how fortunate I am to be located in this remote Northwoods location, with friends and family near at hand. And this wonderful, green world we live in up here.

Please, any of you who are able, please stop in and visit!! I would love to see anyone who may stop.

I gotta go, Carlo.










I nearly forgot!! Would someone please carve the melon???

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger umlikedude said...

Jeeze, these melon people are really insane. i don't understand why the melons don't wise up and realize that w/o fast running, they will not escape the carvers!!! yoikes!

Hav Gud Tieem, Yoos Too.

 
At 7:06 PM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the looks of the place with some of the trees gone. I have always wanted to live where there is open rolling countryside and now that I may move away it is opening up, oh, well. Pat and Chuck are here tonight working. Mary and John and Sadet are nearer each day. Near Salt Lake City today. Will be so nice to see them.

Lucy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home