Monday, December 11, 2006

In the air again......


On Saturday last, I fired up the plane and headed southeast to Merrill. Our local EAA ultralight chapter's monthly meeting and Christmas party was that day. Had a good tailwind on the way down and made it in 45 minutes. Here is that lovely little Ercoupe that Sid from Wausau flies. One of my favorite little birds, it's from the 40's, I think.



After the festivities, I headed West toward Goodrich. I climbed to 4500' and noticed that the wind was quite strong up there. Airspeed at 62, GPS indiciated ground speed of 23mph!!! Not minding the slow progress, I stayed at that altitude, and it took 45 min. to get to Goodrich! This is the view just Northwest of the Merrill airport where the Wisconsin River meanders down through the Council Ground area.


A nice view out the front windscreen. The blurry, black thing is the prop going by. It's nice to be able to see the oil tank, wiring, cables and gas lines as I'm flying along, only I don't look at them much so as not to get paranoid about what could go wrong.... Doh!!
It was quite hazy out there on Saturday but I could see quite a ways ahead. Everything sure looks different now that the snow is on the ground.



I flew kind of low over the Riblake/ Westboro area just to get a better look at some of my old stompin' grounds. Everytime I fly somewhere, things look different and I notice things I've never seen before. Kind of interesting. Here is Ogema as I went by. Kind of blurry, but you get the idea.




And here we are, safe and sound, back on the ground in Phillips. I spent three hours in the air on Saturday and wasn't cold at all. Had on the 800 gram hunting boots, long johns, fleece pants and a cap. That did the trick, as the weather was in the 20's and low 30's that day.






Anyhow, I gotta go, Carlo

3 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hav fun on yoor baykayshun Carlo!! I'm gunna miss YA.
s.d.

 
At 4:34 AM, December 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howz yer vaykayshun going? Iz ya dooin sumpthun? Cuz ya ain't pootin nutun in da blog here. Just thought ya might wanta new dat!!
;-)
s.d.

 
At 10:33 PM, December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 days without contact ... yup, had better do something soon.

Maybe he'll get some pictures of our trip to Milwaukee.. We had a swell time. Lots of quality time with Lucy and Kate mostly, but good times with Mary, John, Liz, Dennis and 2 of their "young ens" too. Good people, good food, good times.

Hope the roads are good for everyone traveling this weekend.

Nice picture of Pierra, Jenny.. thanks. Thanks Dawn and Tim, and anyone else that sent a Chrismas card. We appreciate them.

Life is good up in the northwoods. Waiting for the girls to come home for Christmas eve in Phillips. We'll have our "family Christmas" in Ogema the weekend of the 6th of January.

hugs ps

Merry Christmas everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home